Favourite and not so fav cosmetic products of 2018 - yay :) / nay :(?




A new year, and I have to start it with the obligatory “I still can’t believe it’s 2019 already” statement. To be honest, I don’t know when I’ll ever believe it’s the year it actually is-  time passes so quickly. 

Something else obligatory for the start of the year: a favourites (and not so great products) post. My fav and waste of time products of 2018, which also doubles up as a Dec favs post, because I loved the best items so much I continued to use them through to December and continue to now.



Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturiser instantly gives a papery smooth finish to the skin. Free of oil, it is light, and the most delicate of sweet scents also makes it a pleasure to put on.


The Origins Night-A-Mins has the perfect balance of being rich but yet not as thick as a lot of other night creams. I used to confuse the two as usually one meant you were getting the other. Somehow, Origins have managed to pack an extensive amount of fruit acids into this cream to enable it to be smoothing and nourishing without being heavy,  and that’s not even the oil-free version.


The Clear Improvement Charcoal and Honey mask from the same brand is a recent fav of mine. If you’ve tried the Origins Charcoal mask, you will know how affective it is at reducing oil and clearing the pores, but it can be quite drying for skin that’s not just oily. Cue: organic honey. This addition not only has a heavenly aroma but leaves the skin simultaneously supple and nourished.


Modern Friction is the super combo of rice and fruit acids to smooth and polish the skin. A little goes a long way, and the results are instant. you only need to use this scrub once or twice a week.




The Origins ginger scrub is delicious (don’t judge me, you’re bound to taste a little when showering). It’s gentle and the essential oils also help to leave the skin ultra-smooth. Unfortunately, the Rituals confetti body scrub is not as softening and the fragrance not as refreshing.



Philip Kingsley Take Comfort trial set was not 100% a success but I did find the elasticiser brought renewed strength to my hair. Overall, the shampoo and conditioner felt light and nourishing, leaving my hair softer than my usual hair products, but not hydrated enough.


I didn’t use Aveda’s invati hairspray for hair loss but thought it may keep my fine hair healthy. The bottle releases quite a lot of product with each spritz with a holistic floral sweet scent. While it was great at keeping my hair tangle-free, I’m not sure it helped in any other way.


What have been your fav and not so fav products of 2018?


Comments

Popular Posts